Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

Since Dan and Hollyn both had school off on Monday we decided to go do something fun as a family. We had wanted to go to Kansas City, but didn't decide until late Sunday night so instead I got on the internet and looked for fun things to do around Lincoln on Labor Day. I found a great parade in downtown Omaha. Most of the people in the parade where labor workers, electrians, plumbers, steel workers, etc, but each one had a fun large balloon they carried with them. None of the balloons matched the profesion, but they were fun anyway. They had Uncle Sam, Handy Manny, a Wizard, and a few others I forgot. Hollyn loved the parade and I'm pretty sure she got more candy there than she did on Halloween. Those labor workers don't mess around. After the parade we went to the mall and walked around and let Hollyn play in the cool air conditioned play area. Then to end our day we had dinner at Cheesecake Factory. Dan and I shared the Miso Chicken and it was delicious. Not bad for last minute planning.

5 comments:

Kleinmans said...

What a fun weekend. You are the cutest prego lady! So excited for you guys!

Amy said...

Sounds like a fun day. We're always looking for fun things to do around here too. And I love C.F. It's one of my favorites. I love the Jamaican chicken pasta dish they have. Mmmmm. Makes me hungry.

Jon said...

So Dan finally got to go to Cheesecake Factory. I hope you enjoyed it Dan, b/c it might be a while until you go back if the Halls have anything to do with it...

Andrea Williams said...

We are missing you guys so much! When I see your pics it makes it worse!!!
Can't wait for Oct. 20th....have Dan put us on the short list for calls. We want to know how everything goes. Names? Can't wait to hear.
Hollyn, Ryan missed you at his party. He wanted you to come but we couldn't fly you out. Maybe next time.
WE LOVE YOU GUYS!!
Andrea

The Tate's said...

Sounds like a fun weekend!! YOu cant beat a parade with candy!! I am jealous you guys have a cheesecake factory. THat is one restraunt I have to make a trip to when we go down to Arizona. Hope you are feeling well. Have a good day you guys!!