Friday, June 26, 2009

Trip to Cali and Father's Day

Last week we went to California with our friends the Langs. We stayed in the Laguna area, which is our favorite spot in California. It was a quick trip, but we had a blast and beautiful weather. On Friday we went to Laguna Beach and spent the day on the beach. Hollyn loved jumping waves and playing in the sand. Paige had her first experience with the ocean. She wasn't too thrilled about the cold water, but she did love playing on the blanket and trying to eat sand. We had a great time playing on the beach and walking around the cute shops in downtown Laguna. That night we went to Spectrum mall for dinner and shopping. I will have to say this is one of my favorite malls. It has everything and it's outdoors.
Saturday we went to Venice to walk the crazy boardwalk and to play at the beach. Hollyn road the boogie board with me for the first time. She did so good. At first I had her do it by herself, but she kept falling off the board, so then we did it together. We caught some great waves. That night we went back to Spectrum for some more shopping and Wahoo Tacos. YUM! Dan also took Hollyn on the huge Farris Wheel. She was a little nervous, but ended up loving it. Sunday we celebrated Father's Day for Dan and then headed home.
A quick shout out to Dan. He is an incredible father. He loves our girls and would do anything for them. He lights up when he gets home from work or school and Hollyn is hiding for him and waiting for him to find her and give her loves and tickles. He wants the best for our girls and works hard to provide for them. He honors the priesthood and blesses our home with it. Most importantly he is my best friend. I can never stay mad at Dan because he can make me laugh no matter how hard I try not to. We love you Dan!

4 comments:

Becky said...

Looks like you had fun. I wish we had ocean :) Olivia is missing Hollyn. I need you to email me your address so she can send her a letter. If you get a chance, send me an email. Enjoy the hot dry heat for us :)

Anonymous said...

Cutest pictures ever, I love the one of the two of you jumping and your hair is flying, it's fantastic. Kate loved looking at all of the pictures of your family at the beach.

By Divine Design said...

We had such a great time. When are we going next?

Becky said...

Wow! CA! so jealous. Can't wait for you guys to get back. Did Becky tell you I got a job just around the block from you guys. Don't worry, I won't be like one of those pesky neighbors that's always knocking on your door . I'll just be stopping by for dinner from time to time :-)

Aaron

P.S. feel free to shoot me to invite me to your blog so I don't have to keep signing in as Becky

AaroniusA@hotmail.com