Monday, August 24, 2009

Paige's 1st unbirthday!





Before we left for Nebraska we wanted to celebrate Paige's 1st birthday so grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, and close friends could be around. I know she is only nine months, but who doesn't love an excuse to have a BBQ swim party and to watch Paige dig into a cupcake. She was so cute. At first she didn't know what to do with it, but once she got a little taste of the sugary goodness, there was no turning back. By the end of it she was covered in frosting and cupcake.
It was fun to spend time with everyone before we left and Hollyn, of course, had a blast swimming with her cousins and friends. Thanks to all of our friends and family who were able to make it and thanks Mom and Dad for hosting the party. We had a great summer!

5 comments:

Amy said...

That's a fun idea. I've been sad that several of my kids' birthdays have been far away from any family. I bet she loved the cupcake. Any pics of that messy fun?

Anna and Jon said...

Sooooooooooo happy to have you guys back. I'm shocked you gave your baby a cupcake already. I mean, what kind of mom are you? :) I hope you know that's a joke. I'm actually just sitting here enjoying your playlist. Love it.

Mandy said...

We are so bummed we didn't get to come hang out before you left. I am glad you had fun. How is it being back in Lincoln? Only one more year, enjoy it you will miss it when you are done, we do!

aryn said...

she is so dang cute. it's uncanny how much she looks like you!

The Scotts said...

She is so adorable and your twin!