Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Back Home and 3L's

Now that I am done updating our blog I can get to the now. We are back in Nebraska and officially 3L's. Meaning Dan is in his final year of law school. I can't believe it's actually here. It has gone by so fast and there are so many things I want to do here before May. I have really fallen in love with Lincoln and especially Fall here. I love the farmers markets, pumpkin patches, festivals, and apple orchards. We took the girls to our annual trip to the Omaha Zoo. It's a fabulous zoo with so many great exhibits. Our favorite is still the gorillas. Hollyn also started preschool last week. We decided to keep Hollyn at the same preschool but she is now mornings and has a new teacher, Mrs. Kiera. She loves school and especially loves being one of the oldest in her class. We are really working on reading and writing at home. It amazes me how quickly children pick up on things. We were at the store yesterday and Hollyn was looking at a shirt and said, "Mom this shirt says cat." Sure enough I look over at the shirt and it had cat spelled out on the front, and not even a picture to help her. I can't wait till she can start reading all those books she has.


3 comments:

Amy said...

What, you don't love the NE winters?? I understand completely how cool a new place to live is. We didn't like Tucson, but we love it here in Madison. I would stay in a heartbeat if family was close by.

All the pics are cute - from older posts too. It looks like you guys have had a really fun summer. You probably get this all the time, but Paige looks exactly like you. Like a little clone. She's a real cutie.

Chris and Kim said...

Cute girls! Sounds like you had a busy summer.

Johnson-n-Johnson said...

congrats on being 3Ls! you are almost there! Enjoy your last year in Nebraska!