Thursday, December 10, 2009

Snowed In

Monday the snow started and it didn't let up until Wednesday afternoon. When we got home from the gym on Tuesday the snow was coming down really hard and I had to shovel the driveway in order to get in the garage. The snow was constant and never ending. I have never seen anything like it. Then that night we had an actual blizzard. When we woke up the next morning the snow outside our door was piled a good two feet. The wind had blown the snow into banks as high as four feet. Everything was covered in white. It was unbelievable! I told a friend of mine from Lincoln that it was something you only see in the movies. She laughed at me. Obviously she has seen this before. They closed the schools here for three days in a row. They even closed the law school for a day and a half. They have never closed the law school since we have been here. Wednesday our house was Dan's library, because the whole town was pretty much shut down. How do you keep a four and one year old quiet and happy. You do a little of this

and a little of that

and a lot of this.

We all survived and the snow finally stopped. Thank goodness our HOA finally came and plowed our driveway and streets. I still had to take a shovel and scrape off a good two inches of frozen ice after they snow blowed our driveway. We had to make sure that Dan would be able to leave the house in the morning for his final. I am happy to say that when we woke up this morning there was no new snow, the streets were finally plowed and the gym was open. School was still closed but at least we were able to go to dance, the gym, the grocery store and playgroup. For playgroup Hollyn went over to a friends house with a bunch of her friends. They were told to bring snow clothes so they could play outside. (let me just add that it is in the teens here which feels like below zero) Hollyn had her leggings, a skirt, long sleeve shirt, sweater, jacket, gloves, and hat on. I told her to put on jeans over her leggings, but she didn't want to. (No we don't have any snow pants, we are from AZ what do you expect) I decided to do love and logic with her and let her make her own decision and suffer the consequences. When she got home from play group her leggings were soaked, and her legs were completely red. So much for getting the mother of the year award. Don't worry all of my friends gave me a hard time about it too, and that's not even including Dan's lecture. I guess having your child wear warm clothes is not a good love and logic lesson. Time to buy some snow pants.







4 comments:

Mandy Johnson said...

O my heavens, I do not miss that at all. Great for photo opts tho! I love the one of Paige in her snow cloths. She is so pretty. She is starting to look more like Hollyn to me. Hurry and get to AZ. It is in the 60's today.

Katie said...

I can't believe how lucky we were to grow up in Arizona and not have to deal with being so cold!! Love all the pictures. Hey I want a Christmas card.

9812 S. Presidential Drive
S. Jordan, Utah 84095

Send me your address.

Heather said...

That is so CRAZY! Come home...65 and sunny :)

By Divine Design said...

Brrrrr! Your little snow bunnies look so cute! Honestly, I think I could use just 1 day of a snowy Nebraska and then I'd be done. But just 1 day wouldn't be so bad. Can't wait to see you guys!