Wednesday, August 11, 2010

First Day of Kindergarten


I can't believe it has actually here, my oldest Hollyn is going to Kindergarten. I wanted to put her into a half day class, but she was persistent that she wanted to 1. eat lunch at school and 2. be there all day. So I gave in, bought her a lunch box and let you do all day Kindergarten. We met her teacher Mrs. Eversole last night and she seemed really great. Her classroom looked so fun. It reminded me of my times in Kindergarten. Today was her first day of school and she was so excited. She picked out her outfit and couldn't wait to get to school. The whole drive over she kept saying "when are we going to get there. I'm so excited!" She walked right into the gate and was ready to go. I'm just not too sure I am ready for her to go. My big helper is going to be gone most of the day. The good news is there was no tears from either of us. When I picked her up from school I asked her what her favorite thing at school was and she said lunch. I think this is going to be a great school year.



Crew and Hollyn have been friends for well ever since they were born. Their birthdays are about two weeks apart and as Hollyn likes to say, "Crew was my first friend."

5 comments:

Maren said...

She is so cute Geri, and I think she looks so much like you! I can't believe you guys are already in school. That seems so early!

Elisha said...

Can you believe how grown up they are??....it came WAY TOO FAST!!! She looks so adorable...and Kenadee was the same way...had to eat lunch at school. Way to go on the no tears thing, the first is the hardest;-)

Becky said...

I can't believe you guys have already started school down there! We start this week and Olivia is excited and a little nervous! I can't believe they are this big! It seems like yesterday when we both moved to good 'ol NE and they were just toddlers!!

Olivia wanted to call Hollyn today to see how school went, but things got too busy with Sunday naps and all :) But we were thinking of you!!

Paige looks so big!

Amy said...

Since when did our babies get big enough to go to Kindergarten?? Crazy,huh!! I'm so glad she was so excited to go and loved it. She looked adorable on her first day.

Kleinmans said...

So fun! What a doll!