Wednesday, January 5, 2011

It's my birthday and I'll be sick if I want to!

Since Hollyn's birthday is on December 29th it's hard to know when to celebrate her birthday, especially since this year she wanted to invite kids from school. We decided to do it the last day of school since it was a half day. Unfortunately Hollyn came home sick two days before school got out for Christmas Break and we had to cancel the party and reschedule it for the following Monday. I was sure that she would be healthy in time. She was sick for five days straight with a high fever and aches. Thankfully she finally got over whatever she had the day before her party. When I talked to Hollyn's teacher she said that eight kids went home sick they day she went home. Whatever it was it spread through the whole class, one of the disadvantages of school. Hollyn wanted a Lego Party this year. She thinks of great birthday ideas. Last years movie theater party as my favorite. For the Lego party we brought Nonny's huge bins of Legos and let the kids build when they first got there. The boys and girls alike loved building with the Legos and where so excited to share what they had built with all the other kids. After they shared their creation they picked a prize. After that is was brownies, ice cream and then presents. It was so low key and the kids had a blast. I wish I would have taken more pictures. Hollyn has great friends and has met so many great girls this year in her class. There are seven of them that play so well together and every day they come to school they run to each other and stand in the back of the line together. I need to get a picture of it one of these days.

0 comments: