Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Soccer Time!!


Hollyn started soccer for the first time a few months ago, and I volunteered to coach. I may have played lots of sports growing up, but soccer was not one of them. Let's just say I don't know anything about soccer, but the good news is neither do the girls. It's been a fun season so far, and most importantly the girls are loving it and they are really improving. It's been so much fun watching Hollyn play a sport and to improve each game. I can't wait to watch her next season when I'm not coaching. I have enjoyed coaching, but soccer is not my forte. The best part of soccer is the cute uniforms the girls get to wear, pink jerseys and pink socks, what could be better? And the girls even named themselves the flamingos and they even do a little flamingo dance. It's so stinkin' cute, I'll have to get a video of it.
Go Flamingos!
Look at that concentration!
Hollyn and her cousin Kate

3 comments:

Jana said...

the girls have gotten so much bigger in a year! they are so beautiful. and happy anniverary. back whenever it was. you guys were made for each other. good pick on Italy!! i LOVE rome. one of my very favorite places. hope everything is good. miss you guys. wish we could be in the same town again.(and we tried!!!)

Amy said...

Those unees ARE adorable! That's the first thing I noticed - pink! Way to go, Coach!

Anna and Jon said...

I love that you have a pink flower in your hair so you can coach soccer. Classic Geri!