Sunday, October 19, 2008

Tomorrow is the big day

So tomorrow at noon I am going under the knife and coming out with a new addition to our family. The closer the date has come the more nervous I have become, until last night. Last night I had some serious contractions for a few hours until the baby dropped. This morning I realized that having a c-section is not so bad, especially when I don't have to go through labor and a c-section. I decided to make a list of the things I am most excited about:
1. Seeing my feet again
2. Not bumping into everything with my stomach
3. Not having to pull up my pants every 5 seconds
4. Being able to climb out of the foam pit (you had to be there)
5. Working out again
6. The best part is seeing my beautiful baby girl for the first time and holding her in my arms
The next time any of you see me I will probably look like I'm a few months pregnant, but I will have a baby with me.

8 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh Geri, how exciting and good luck and congratulations all at the same time!

Johnson-n-Johnson said...

we are sooo excited. If you want us to watch Hollyn, after your mom leaves, so you can have some time to slepp with your new baby girl...or to pick Hollyn up from school, or whatever, let us know! Congrats!
brandi

Amy said...

Ahhhh!! I'm so nervous for you, but thrilled for you at the same time. You'll do great! Good luck and be sure to post pics soon!! Can't wait to see her!

Megan said...

I've been thinking of you all day and am so excited to see your new princess!

Traci said...

Dan & Geri!! Congrats. Thanks for the text today. Although it was missing some crucial information- the name!! I was wondering if Dan could learn how to blog and post some pictures. I'm so glad everything went well.

The Hall's said...

Hope you're all doing well Geri. I also hope you're getting a few hours of sleep here and there!Can't wait to see pictures of her.

Jon said...

Great name choice guys. You get the Mal and Jon stamp of name-approval!

Andrea Williams said...

Congrats! -- Travis