Saturday, March 28, 2009

Spring Break

I know I'm a few weeks behind, but better late than never. For Spring Break we drove the 20 hours to AZ with a 5 month old and a 4 year old. I thought it was going to be a disaster, but the girls were fantastic. Paige didn't make a peep the whole time (of course I fed her and changed her diaper before she got a chance to complain) and Hollyn kept herself busy with movies and toys. Dan drove the 20 hours straight without stopping overnight. It went by really fast, much faster than the trip home. We actually had to stop on the way home because we lost 2 hours and there was no way we were going to drive through the night.
While in AZ we enjoyed every bit of sunshine and warmth we could. We went swimming several times at Val Vista Lakes, thanks to a friend of my mom's. Hollyn got plenty of cousin time and we were even able to see a few friends, not as many as we would have like too. Sorry for those of you we missed. We thought we were going to stay until Saturday, but decided at the last minute to leave Friday. We had a great time, and can't wait to go back for the summer. Thanks mom and dad for letting us stay with you. I forgot to mention that we surprised them. Hollyn and I walked in the garage door at 11 pm and the look on my mom's face and the scream from her mouth was well worth keeping it from them. Thanks Pat and Charlie for planning so many fun things with the cousins, Hollyn had a blast. We love you guys and will see you in 5 weeks.



4 comments:

Megan said...

What a fun trip! I LOVE the surprise visits. Not that I've done one yet, but I think it would be as exciting as you described it. The picture of your girls on the title is ADORABLE. You have two of the most beautiful girls I have ever seen-truly.

Katie said...

I can just imagine your mom's face when you surprised her. That's always fun. Your girls are so cute and I laughed at your comment about Paige liking a sport that you know something about. It just made me laugh cause you were so good at any sport with a ball in it.

If for some reason you guys are ever in Utah give us a hollar!

Rachel said...

Aren't surprises great! My mom was almost hysterical when we showed up at Christmas.

Amy said...

Looks like a very fun trip to AZ. I'm totally impressed you made the 20 hour drive with two kids. If you're nursing, it's especially impressive. I'm jealous because I don't know when we'll be back to AZ. Maybe Xmas, maybe not till summer of 2010.


I'm glad Hollyn likes her gymnastics class. She looks cute. I'm wanting to enroll Emily in a tumbling class and preschool ASAP.