Wednesday, April 21, 2010

10 K

Last Saturday I ran a 10 K with my friend Anna. It was a beautiful day and a fantastic race. The race was mostly around a lake and neighborhoods. It was really pretty with spring in full bloom. I did much better than I thought I would. I actually ran less than an 8 minute mile. Not bad for training on a boring treadmill. I was also surprised to find out that I was fourth in my age group, and yes it was the 30-39 group, but I will say there were more than 80 in my age group. I won't mention the fact that I almost collapsed at the finish line. Good thing Dan didn't get any picture of my crossing the finish line. It wouldn't have been a pretty picture.




4 comments:

Anna and Jon said...

Who's the hottie with the braces?? Oh, yes, that's me. Your much slower and YOUNGER friend. :) You did AMAZING. Captain awesome!

jennifer hall said...

Geri
You still have that competitive edge that pushes you to the max---proud of your accomplishments and the fact that I will probably never be able to beat you! Paige looks so much like you when you were a baby. 2 more weeks til we see you and the girls--can't wait.
Hugs and kisses! mom

Maren said...

Way to represent! That is impressive. It looks so beautiful there! Hope you guys are well, your girls are darling.

Caryn said...

That awesome! Good for you!