Tuesday, October 19, 2010

October Break

This last week Hollyn had the whole week of school off for October Break. I was actually really looking forward to it for a couple of reasons. One, we have to get up pretty early to get Hollyn to school on time. If we don't leave the house by 7:30 or shortly after she is late for school, so we are usually in a rush to get out of the house. It was so nice letting the girls sleep in and then being able to cook a nice breakfast. Two, I fell like I don't get to spend much time with Hollyn during the week. Between school, homework, and after school activities, there's not much time left for us to just hang out. So, we decided to have something fun planned for each day. Monday, Hollyn had Hollyn day with my mom, because Paige and I were in Nebraska. Hollyn day is basically going to lunch with my mom, and then going to pick out something from Target. She loved spending the whole day with Grandma. Tuesday we made a stepping stone for my parents garden. It has Hollyn's name on it and her hand print, and of course she had to add a little flare. (I'll have to take a picture of it, because it turned out really cute) Wed. we went to the local pumpkin patch called Mother's Natures Farm. I guess pumpkin patch here in AZ is a pretty loose term, because there were no pumpkins on vines. We were really spoiled in Nebraska having actually pumpkin patches. Plus in Nebraska pumpkin patches were more like a theme park. We had a good time though riding on the hay ride, looking at the animals, going through the corn maze and looking for the perfect pumpkin to decorate.





Thursday we headed over to the Phoenix Science Museum, which is a fantastic museum. You could spend the whole day there. We spent almost 4 hours and could have stayed at least another hour or two. The highlight of the museum were the spinning thing, building toys, and the floating balls.



(And yes those are braces on my teeth. I finally took the plunge and got braces. I have been wanting to do it for years, and when a great opportunity came my way I couldn't pass it up. Plus I was looking for a younger look, but I think I overshot it by about ten years. Fifteen is not really what I was shooting for. On a side note, if you need an orthodontist, I highly recommend Tyler Robison)



To end off the week Dan's mom did parkapalooza on Friday. It consisted of going to each of the cousins parks (3) and then ending at Nonni's park for sack lunches. The kids thought it was the greatest thing ever. I wish I would have thought of it. I can't wait till the next school break!

0 comments: