Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Why Nebraska?

For my birthday this year I decided to take a little trip. Where you may ask, to Nebraska of course! Every time I told someone where I was going they would ask me this question, "why Nebraska?" For one, it was my home for the last three years. Nebraska is actually a beautiful place to visit in the fall and spring time. Just stay clear of their winters. Fall is by far my favorite time of year. The leaves are changing, the weather is perfect, and the pumpkin patches are amazing. The people in Nebraska are also the nicest people you will ever meet. They are so loyal, just look at how devoted they are to their football team, win or loose they love the Huskers. Another reason for visiting Nebraska is great friends. I met some amazing people while living in Nebraska and it was so great to see them and hang out with them. I was able to stay with my good friend Anna and her fantastic family. Paige played with her boys all day long and Anna and I shopped, ate, crafted, and caught up. What else could a girl ask for. I always have a great time with Anna, it's an easy friendship with lots of laughs. Minus the beading fiasco, we had a great time. Anna had a great idea to bead headbands. They looked really cute, but were a pain in the rear and literally took hours to make. I love you Anna, but I will never bead with you again!! So now when instead of asking why Nebraska, you will be saying why not Nebraska. I"m sure you are all booking your vacations there now.

These two were so fun to watch. The are only four days apart in age and they play so good together. Paige has been calling him Shisha (Elijah) ever since she could talk and she didn't forget his name when we got there.

4 comments:

By Divine Design said...

I would LOVE to go to Nebraska. Of course, it wouldn't be the same without our great friends there, but I do love it. Glad you had such a great trip!

Johnson-n-Johnson said...

CONGRATS on the Bar!!! What a relief for you and Dan. I can't believe Dan is done. That means we have been away from Nebraska for a year! Wow. Anyways, hope you get a hot date to celebrate!

QnA Drapers said...

Really... Im so jealous you were back in Nebraska Love it there- and love that Anna gal!

Mandy Johnson said...

I would so go to Nebraska! I am a bit jealous! Maybe someday.