Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I love the ER (yes I am being sarcastic)

On Monday I took Paige to the hospital because I was afraid she had RSV. She started getting a cold on Wednesday last week and she just hasn't been able to kick it, and it just kept getting worse. I got to the ER at 11:30 and didn't end up leaving until 4:15. The good news is that Paige doesn't have RSV, she has Bronchitis which sounds a lot worse than it is. The other good news is that I almost finished my book while I was there. I am reading Glenn Beck's book The Christmas Sweater and I really like it. (Thanks to my mom for bringing me some lunch and to my father-in-law for taking Hollyn to play with all of her cousins. She was so excited) Anyway, Paige is doing much better and slowly but surely getting over her bronchitis.
One things I will say for Paige is that she is a trooper. Through the whole thing she has been smiling and for the most part, pretty good natured. Even when she could barely breath through her snot coated nose, she was able to smile and laugh. I love this girl!

7 comments:

The Tate's said...

Man that does not sound like fun. But glad to hear it wasnt RSV. She is seriously so cute!!

Amy said...

Sounds like quite an ordeal. Were you there in the daytime hours or all night long? Glad she doesn't have RSV. I hope she recovers soon.

loven it! said...

oh, poor thing! that is so sad when they get sick as little babies... i am glad she is doing better! i love how girly her car seat is! adorable!

Andrea said...

It was great to hang out with you and your girls. I am glad Paige is doing better. I hope the plane ride is okay!!! I'm really thinking about you. I have some super fun pics of Hollyn. I'll send them to ya soon.
I love the resolutions. Good for you writing them down and for the whole blogging world to see. Good luck!
Love you-Andrea

Becky said...

I hear in Arizona if you wear a patch that says Border Patrol to the ER, that you'll suddenly move to the front of the line. Let me know if it works next time.

-Aaron

Megan said...

They are going to know you by name pretty soon. Glad there's no RSV, and that she was such a trooper about it!

Traci said...

Hey Geri! It was fun seeing you in AZ. I am so glad she doesn't have RSV. That is such a scary virus. I also read the Christmas Sweater. Did you like it?