Sunday, April 26, 2009

Easter






I know I am late by a few weeks, but to be honest it was hard to get a picture of the girls in their dresses. We were always in a rush to get to church and then Paige was always asleep when we got home. These were the best I could do. For Easter we had a pretty low key weekend, just hanging out together as a family. On Friday Hollyn didn't have school, so she had a friend come over and play for most of the afternoon. They had so much fun dressing up, playing with Polly Pockets, Barbies, and dancing around. I on the other hand was able to clean the house and Paige napped pretty much the whole time. It was a great day. Hollyn has found so many fun girl friends here in Nebraska that we are so grateful for. On Saturday we went to a shower for a friend in our old ward. It was great to see friends that I haven't seen for a while. I'm grateful that we have been in two wards here in Lincoln and met so many wonderful people. We have made a tradition here in Nebraska that Saturday is family movie night, so we rent a movie and eat dinner together picnic style on the floor. Dan loves when we make pizza, but I have got Hollyn loving turkey sausage and spinach omelets. Breakfast for dinner, delicious. Sunday we had church at 9 so we just had time to look at the Easter basket. The Easter Bunny hit it big with High School Musical 3 the movie. When we got home from church Hollyn went on her Easter Egg Hunt inside, because it was too cold outside, darn Nebraska weather. Then that night we went to a friends house for dinner. Delicious ham, potatoes, rolls, and pie. It was a great Easter and the best part was spending so much time together as a family.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The girls were adorable on Easter, and hilarious you are apologizing for being a couple weeks late when I seriously just posted Christmas 2008. I love Hollyn's hair cut, it does make her look so grown up. So Christian was just here for the weekend and I helped him set up a family blog, he seems excited about it, so we'll see, it won't be too hard for him to post more than me, and Amy has always had one so I helped her put pictures on it, and showed her how to do a cute back ground. So hopefully we have some new blog friends. Anyway I'm excited for you guys to be here in a few weeks, see ya soon.

Elisha said...

Hey Geri! I am trying to get your mom's phone #. I signed Taylor up for swim team this year, but am going to see if I can get her in a session of lessons before it starts. Can I get it from you? You can send it to my e-mail if you want elisharomney@yahoo.com
Thanks!