Saturday, May 2, 2009

Triathlon Triumph!

Today I finished my first triathlon and loved it. We did the swim inside, which was great, and then the biking and running was outside. It was a perfect day for a race. The weather was a little cold at first, but once I started biking for a few minutes it felt great. I used a road bike for the first time and loved it. The ride was so smooth and you can go so fast. I think when we get done with law school I will definitely invest in one. The weather here is usually too cold or windy for biking, for me at least, but I could get into biking in AZ. I can't wait to do another triathlon. There was seven of us from our ward here who did the race. It was fun to have others there to cheer you on and to cheer them on. They won't post the results until Monday, so I'm not sure how I did, but I do know I beat my personal best. Training for a triathlon helped me get a jump start on getting rid of my pregnancy weight. So, anyone who is interested in doing a triathlon let me know, I would love to do another one. I may even be done with marathons.




5 comments:

jennifer hall said...

congrats geri you are the queen of fitness--I am so proud of you and excited to have you train me---Keep up the good work.
lov mom and dad

Megan said...

Way to go! I've wanted to do one since BYU, but I'm completely undedicated to training. That is seriously awesome.

The Scotts said...

You are awesome!!! Summer has done one in Casa Grande in November down here that she says is a great first one. She is trying to talk me into it. You are amazing!!

Rodela Family said...

You are my inspiration G!

Anonymous said...

Wow congrats Geri that is truely fantastic! I would love to do one with you sometime, maybe my goal for after this baby. I have a group of friends who did one in Feb,and are doing on this mothers day weekend called She Roxs and you swim in tempe town lake, I was totally going to join but the latest surprise addition into our family threw me for quite the loop, so maybe I can plan for next year's She Roxs, its a fun one cause it is only women and pretty low key I've heard, anyway I couldn't imagine myself fat/4months prego in a wet suit, in tempe town lake, it was no good picturing it in my mind. Anyway you really look great and your baby is still so young. It's extra encouraging to be reminded that I won't always feel like i do right now:) Anyway see you guys soon.