Sunday, September 2, 2007

First week of school, first week of school!

We survived the first week of school. Since we only have one car I would drop Dan off at about 7:30 and then pick him up at 6pm. A few days he went back to study after dinner. He is really liking school. He says it's a ton of reading and work, but he is learning a lot. I'm just surprised his brain can retain that much information. Hollyn and I are so lucky to have a husband and Dad that works so hard for his family. During the day Hollyn came with me to my job at a preschool. Here in Lincoln if the wife is recruited to a job than you can get in state tuition. It's a really great deal. My hours are from 8-4pm. It's a long day, but it's worth it to have Hollyn there with me. Hopefully we will be approved for instate tuition by the end of this week. Keep your fingers crossed for us. Yesterday was the Huskers first football game. Hollyn and I were driving down town and all we saw was a sea of red. It was so great to see the whole town wearing red to support their team. That's one thing that I really like here in Lincoln, the fans are so loyal.
We like our new ward and have meet lots of people so far. Last week I played in a ward softball tournament and was able to get to know people there and we also attended a ward potluck last Sunday and meet lots of law students. I think there are 10 or even more in our ward. Hollyn has meet a friend here too named Olivia. She and Hollyn are nursery buddies, which is good because I am ready to go to Sunday school and Relief Society. Her mom and dad, Aaron and Becky are really great and we have done a few think with them so far. We have found some friends. Hurray!

0 comments: