Sunday, September 30, 2007

Potty Training

This week was the official potty training week. I decided that it was time to really take the plunge and go full force with the potty training. We began on Monday by saying that we didn't have any more diapers so it was time to wear panties and go in the potty. Hollyn looked at me and said, "Mom, I'm a big girl and I go in the potty now." I figured that was a good sign. The first day was a little rough, we were 50/50 with the in the potty and in the panties, but we stuck with it. We started a sticker chart, which has really helped and given Hollyn some incentive. Each day has gone a little better until she went a whole day without any accidents. I think we almost have the peeing down, but it's the pooping in the potty that is kickin my rear. I finally decided to let her wear a diaper for the pooping, at least for now. I would rather have her go in her diaper than in her panties. I was just talking with my good friend Maren about potty training the other day and it really helped to have someone else going through the same stage. Mare, we just have to keep smiling and gritting our teeth at the same time, as we wash those poopy undies. I love potty training!

9 comments:

Becky said...

Geri, I totally feel for you! I'm also at the potty training stage, I just have to decide that I'm going to do it and (really do it).
Good luck, I'm sure Hollyn's doing great!

Caryn said...

Oh, I hate potty training! Glad you finally got the comment thing working tho!

Anonymous said...

Tuff yes, but the pictures make it all worth it. What a cute potty-goer! Hurray for Hollyn and for Mom!

Anonymous said...

Geri, we are going through the same thing, I've been going strong for two weeks with kate and she will not go poop in the potty. and she won't tell me when she has to go at all, she peed her pants at the gym on Saturday, but jeremy had her, so he is enjoying the fun of it also.

Katie said...

Geri- I found your blog through some others. Your little girl is so adorable. She looks so much like you! How are you?

I actually have pictures to post of Spencer in his underwear. He was all excited to wear them yesterday and then the novelty wore off after about 15 min.

I saw your parents, Jon, & Andrew at Spencer Hansen's wedding reception. They all looked so good and it was fun to see some familiar faces. I have some pictures posted on my blog of Erin and Rachel.

Anyhow, hope all is well. You can check out my blog at www.foreverthomas.blogspot.com

Love,
Katie

Maren said...

Did you ever think a "poop in the potty" would be so exciting! How come no one ever tells you how nasty potty training really is?

The Tate's said...

Hey Broadbents,
How are you guys? This is Christa Tate. I was so excited to see you had a blog! How are you guys liking Nebraska and Law School? Hollyn is so cute. I havent seen her since she was little. Well it is good to see your family and we will have to keep in touch. Hope everything is going well for you guys. Have a good day. Our blog is christaandadam.blogspot.com.

Kleinmans said...

So fun to see your blog. How are you guys? Hollyn is absolutely adorable! Maybe I do need to have a girl someday. For now three boys is plenty though! Anyhow, hope all is well! You could probably find my blog thru Katie's and Christa's, but in case not ours is http://web.mac.com/michellekleinman

Megan said...

Funny that this posting has the most comments. Brig was/is a stubborn pooper. We had to work our way to the potty. First the bathroom became his "hiding spot" then I had him sit on the potty with a diaper on, and this week for the first time he just went in and did it by himself. It was an isolated moment, but BOY was I excited. I told him that was all I wanted for Christmas!