Thursday, November 8, 2007

Hollyn the Great!

I'm not usually one to brag, but then I thought what's the point in being a mom if you can't brag about you kid every now and then. Hollyn is an amazing little girl. Every day she surprises me with something she remembers or knows or even sings. Lately is has been about what she eats. Everything I cook she eats, including squash and any other vegetable. Just tonight we were having Mexican food and some salsa. I look over and see Hollyn spooning salsa into her mouth. I'm talking about plain salsa. As gross as it may seem, I thought hey it's healthy. Then after dinner instead of asking for a treat as she often does (I never said she was perfect) she asked me for snapped peas. This kid is addicted to snap peas (Costco's of course) I have to literally put a limit on them. Now only if her mom could be as healthy as she is all the time.

5 comments:

proudmamablogga said...

Dani eats salsa too. But definitely not snap peas. I'm not sure if I know what snap peas are. Are they like garden peas?

Becky said...

Wow, that is awesome! My girls eat pretty healthy too. I love the part about snap peas, I love them too!

Broadbent Family said...

They are actually called sugar snapped peas because they are so sweet. The only ones to eat are the ones that you can actually open the pod and take the peas out. They are a yummy snack.

Katie said...

Spencer will eat apple and canalope, but if he had it his way he would only eat Mac and Cheese... That's great she eats so healthy.

The Tate's said...

Wow I am so impressed. Jeffry is such a picky eater...it is totaly my fault. Loved that she asked for snapped peas instead of a treat.