Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Thanksgiving and First Snow


Thanksgiving dinner was a huge success! I can't take all of the credit though, my friend Becky and I took on the task of cooking our first Thanksgiving dinner from scratch and I'm glad we did it together. I made the stuffing, cranberry sauce, broccoli, mash potatoes and together we did the turkey. Becky was in charge of the rolls, pies, and sweet potatoes. It was our first time cooking the turkey and it was delicious. Thanks to a recipe I found in Rachael Ray's magazine, the turkey was really moist and flavorful, but my favorite part was the stuffing and cranberry sauce. I made my grandma hall's recipe and it brought me back to the younger years of just showing up for dinner and stuffing myself. There will definitely be a second annual Thanksgiving dinner with the Anderson's next year. The only sad part of the day was ASU loosing to USC. We will always be Sun Devil fans through and through, plus Nebraska stunk this year.
The day before Thanksgiving we had our first snow here. We came out of the gym and there were the snow flurries. We even had snow on the ground and roof tops. It didn't snow much, but because it stayed so cold days after, the snow stayed on the ground for several days. Just in case any of you were wondering, my first time driving in the snow was safe and uneventful. Hope it stays that way. My driving skills are not that great under normal circumstances. I forgot to take a picture of the beautiful turkey, but here's some of the yummy food we enjoyed.









A little side note. Hollyn and I went to see Enchanted today with our friends and we loved it! Hollyn was a little scared any time the evil queen was on, but other than that she really liked it. The music was entertaining and Becky and I were laughing through most of the movie. If you are looking for a good clean movie for kids that even you will enjoy I would give it two thumbs up.

4 comments:

Katie said...

I want to see that movie, glad you give it 2 thumbs up. Your Thanksgiving dinner looks yummy. Good job! Are you guys heading home to AZ for Christmas?

Katie said...

Hey Geri,
email me your address

katiegthomas@hotmail.com

aryn said...

O.K. I had to do a little investigating to find your blog- I didn't know you had one!!! Yipee! We'll be home for the Christmas break so I'm so glad you guys will be there too, I think all the other Bunkers will be there also!!

Way to go on the Thanksgiving dinner- -all I've made so far is greenbean cassarole. I've been thinking lately how great it would be to get cooking lessons from your Mom and Robyn.

Brooke said...

Geri,
Hey It's Brooke Eagleston! I found your blog off of Aryn's! Your family is adorable. It was good to catch up on your life. It looks like you are busy and enjoying where you live! Have a good Christmas!