Monday, November 19, 2007

I've been tagged!

Thanks Mare for the tag! Here are a few random facts about myself. For those of you who know me well, they probably won't come as a suprise to you.

1. I am extremely frugal. I only buy things that are on sale and that usually includes groceries. When I buy something that's not on sale I always have buyers remorse and often that buyers remorse ends with a return. I have made a vow that after law school the buyers remorse is out the door.

2. I am a sucker for the teeny bopper shows. When a cheesey high school movie is on like Mean Girls or She's the Man (My Fav) I can't help but watch it. Just the other night I watched Princess Diaries 2 and I had to stay up till midnight to finish it. I know it's pathetic, but I can't help myself.

3. I love love,love the gym. I love the smells (except sweaty hairy guys), the sweat, and the way I feel when I leave. I even love the little towels they hand out to whipe your brow. When I don't work out for several days I get really irritated, and moody. Dan will even comment sometimes when I'm grouchy, "go work out." Working out is like a drug for me. And my favorite classes are the ones that kick my rear. It is the one time of day that I get to do something that is just for me, all by myself.

4. I don't bake. With the exception of banana and zuchinni bread I do not bake at all. I love to cook, but when it comes to baking it's just not my thing. I don't really enjoy baking and it never turns out right. Just last night I baked some chocolate chip cookies and they were flat as pancakes. I love looking for new recipes and trying different kinds of foods, but if it includes baking I stear clear. My goal is to learn how to cook bread before we leave Lincoln. My good friend here is an amazing baker and hopefully it will wear off on me.

5. I am a horrible bowler. I cannot bowl for the life of me. For any of you who have been bowling with me you know what I'm talking about. There's something about rolling the ball down the slick lane that I just can't do. Either I bowl too hard, or I'm off to one side, but I just can't seem to get the hang of it. Maybe it all goes back to that time in elementary school bowling with friends when I was hit in the eye with the ball. Don't ask me how it happened, but I had a black eye to prove it. If you're ever in the mood for bowling and you want to win, just invite me along, cause unless a miracle occurs I won't score above 100.

6. I had to add one more just for fun. Apparently I am not funny. I have gone most of my life thinking that I was funny and whitty, but I was wrong. There have been so many times that I have said something that I thought was hillarious and I will be laughing histarically, then I will look over at Dan and he will be looking at me with that face that says that wasn't funny. Oh and he lets me know, I'm not as funny as I think I am. I will have to say that my husband is extremely funny and I would like to think that some of that has worn off on me. You be the judge.

I am tagging Kim, Amy D. and Suzy. Hopefully it will motivate all of you to update your blogs.

7 comments:

Rodela Family said...

G,
I think you are extremely funny! However, I think I am funny also and my husband looks at me weird and says I'm not. By the way the thing about you not baking is a total surprise. Thanks for the tag, don't worry, I'll do it - in a month!

Katie said...

Just the other day Chad told me that I'm not allowed to laugh at my own jokes. Especially when no one else is. Oh well...

Hey did I ask you how you know Annie and Brent? I served my mission with her. Tell her she needs to be able to add comments on her blog.


By the way, I've always thought that you were funny!

The Wilkins' said...

I think you're funny Geri :)

I love looking at your blog. Hollin is just a doll! I love the fall pictures. So did you guys get to go home for Thanksgiving?

Aimee's Family Journal said...

Geri!

I always thought you were funny! And your laugh and smile are infectious! Husbands love to have the upper hand on the funny-ness, and I think they are slightly intimidated by our canny sense of HI-larity, when they weren't quick enough to "get it".

Anyway! I was so happy to find your blog! Glad to hear that everything is going well, and that you are happy and healthy! I have been able to keep up with the DL on you through Jana Bentley. She was in my last ward!
Anyway!

Love, Aimee Teerlink (Cutright)

Becky said...

LOL! I remember when you got your black eye bowling! I'm pretty sure I didn't do it... hope not anyway, just remember it happening. I'm no good at bowling either! That's ok, it's really not a sport anyway! I also LOVE the gym, if we ever live close to each other again, we'll have to go together, I love gettin' a butt whoopin'! Ok, and I'll admit, I love the teeny bopper movies too! My husband thinks I'm totally weird, oh well! At least we have girls that we can have an excuse to watch them for a long time.

The Tate's said...

Man I wish I loved the gym. Adam is the same way he craves a good work out, and I am the one that needs it more than him. Hope you guys had a great Thanksgiving!! Oh and I thought it was so cute that the mall had a scavenger hunt with santa...what a fun idea!

Megan said...

Congrats on the Thanksgiving dinner. And the pictures of Hollyn in the leaves on your slideshow are ADORABLE. I love that you added that bit about not being funny, and of course you have wonderful friends who back you up and make you feel better about your comical value. You tell Dan that he always tried to act all funny when you guys were dating (the first time) and it was very Un-funny, and I gave him the "you're not funny" look even when he wasn't around being un-funny. And, if you need me to, I'll do that now.

About AZ, if my car was for sure reliable, or if I find cheap tickets, I am totally there. Let me know when you'll be there.