Sunday, November 4, 2007

Pumpkins, Candy, and Costumes



Our Halloween extravaganza is finally over so I thought I would send some pictures of all the fun we had. Hollyn was a princess pirate, okay the princess is a stretch, but every girl adds princess to everything. She loved to say Argh Mattie. (I have no idea if that's how it's spelled, you get the idea though)
The Friday before Halloween we went to the Children's Museum for some trick or treating. The Children's Museum here does an amazing job. The middle floor was all trick or treating and they had some really great stuff for the kids. Each treat went along with the theme. For instance at the doctors station they gave away red glow sticks that looked like blood. The farm section gave away chocolate milk and a toy animal. I really liked it because it wasn't all candy. Then the top floor had a craft and the bottom floor had games. Hollyn had a blast! Saturday night we had our ward trunk or treat. It was a little crowded and Hollyn got bored waiting in line at all of the cars, but we had fun seeing all of the kids in the ward and their costumes. Sunday night we went over to the Anderson's to carve pumpkins. Hollyn and Olivia were more interested in drawing on the pumpkins and trying to get the knives, but we were able to carve some pretty great pumpkins. It sure has been fun for Hollyn to find a great friend here in Nebraska. They really have become inseparable and we always love hanging out with the Andersons. Then to finish things off, on Halloween we went to the outdoor mall to go trick or treating with the Andersons. Hollyn and Olivia loved running to all of the different stores to get candy. I should have taken advantage of the opportunity and shopped a little. All in all we had a fabulous Halloween. It was nice spending so much time together as a family and seeing Hollyn so excited.


7 comments:

Amy said...

Geri,
I'm glad you like our blog. It's really ugly and I get really frustrated working on it because I feel like a blog-retard. I need someone to sit down with me and show me some tricks. Yours, on the other hand, is so very cute and I love the layout, colors, and set up. Hollyn is looking so big and it looks like you guys are having tons of fun out there.

Megan said...

Wow-Snazzy pumpkins! Who was the creative genius behind those?

Katie said...

You put our pumpkins to shame. Hollyn looks soooo cute in her costume. Glad you had a good Halloween. Loved your last post about the butt grabbing. It's totally W.T. and the best part is that it was a church trunk or treat.

Maren said...

Seriously those are your pumpkins? Very impressive. I always wanted to be a pirate princess, but my parents never loved me that much! She looks great!

The Tate's said...

Wow what a fun Halloween. You and Hollyn look so cute together in the first picture. Her costume is too cute!

Kleinmans said...

Oh my goodness. Hollyn is so adorable. I love her costume. Does it come in adult sizes? jk...it wouldn't be as cute on me. How fun to have a little girl. I keep trying to convince Court that he needs a little "daddy's girl". I think we'll try to survive the three boys first though! =)

Rodela Family said...

Geri,
I lost your phone number when you called. What is it so I can call you back?!!!