Sunday, January 13, 2008

Christmas Break

For the past several weeks I have been taking a vacation from the blogging world and from Nebraska. Hollyn and I left for Arizona the first of December, while Dan finished his finals and came a few weeks later. We had a great time escaping the snow and ice for the beautiful Arizona weather. Now I understand why Arizona has so many snowbirds and we are becoming one of them.
It was great to see and hang out with family and friends. While we were gone we had two big birthdays and an anniversary. Dan turned the big 30 and Hollyn turned 3. For Dan's birthday he went to the Fiesta Bowl with my brother Andrew. They had a great time and great seats. They had suite tickets!
For Hollyn's birthday we went to a park with family and friends. Uncle Andrew even got Hollyn a big bouncer for all the kids to play on. They had a blast! I even enjoyed myself, but boy do those bouncers wear you out.
Dan and I also celbrated our seven year anniversary. The time has flow by so fast and I have enjoyed every minute. Dan is an amazing dad, husband, and friend. There is no one that can make me smile and laugh more than Dan. I can't imagine my life without him and I am excited for the new adventures we will have while we are here in Nebraska. I love you Dan!
I hope everyone enjoyed Christmas and New Years. It was great to see so many of you and spend time together. Thanks to everyone for planning partys and get togethers and a big thanks to my parents for letting us stay at their home. You are great hosts! We love you all.

2 comments:

Rodela Family said...

G,
So jealous you guys were in AZ. I miss that place. It's been a while since I've been back. As to the comment you wrote on my blog, don't make me decorate in the dreaded pink. Actually, I wouldn't mind hot pink with brown. You never know, one of these days though I will probably succumb one of these days. I am not doing a princess bedroom theme though. Hey, how's the planning going for our girl's vacation? Did I tell you I put you in charge?

Erin said...

Geri!
This is Erin! You know Erin (Hansen) Tingey. I was on my sisters blog who had Katie Thomas's blog link who had yours, so I came to say hi!! Your in Nebraska? Omaha? or Lincoln? We are in Iowa! I think we stayed in Lincoln on our way out here in May. When did you guys move to Nebraska? We're here for a dental residency, 3 yrs. I saw Bennie Robinson at old navy the other night. I didn't say hi because he wouldn't know me. But seeing him made me think of you, and here I am writing you on your blog! Hollyn is so cute! I loved seeing your family at Spencers wedding in Aug. Do you like the midwest? After Las Vegas it's like heaven, slow pace, nice people, seasons, green.. though I have to admit winter is hard, esp with kids. well, my email is emtingey@gmail.com. Hope you are doing well! Erin