Monday, February 11, 2008

Dan and Hollyn to the Rescue

In one day I was saved by my husband and daughter, boy am I a lucky girl. First, Hollyn and I were playing out front in the snow making a snow man and snow angels. We decided to shovel the driveway and sidewalk before going inside. After shoveling Hollyn and I decided we had had enough snow for one day. When we went to open the door it was locked. I tried my car and the side door and they were locked too. So then I got a little desperate, because my phone was inside the house. Hollyn and I walked around the whole house checking every window. They were all locked except for the last window, my bedroom window. I was too big to fit through the door so Hollyn crawled through onto our bed and opened the front door. She saved the day! The look on her face was fantastic. She was so proud of herself.
Dan then saved the day that night. I left the house that night to go pick up Dan from law school. As I was backing out of the driveway my car got stuck at the very end of the driveway. I tried shoveling around the wheels but nothing worked. I finally had to call Dan and tell him I wouldn't be coming. He got a ride home from a friend and they were able to push the car out of the snow. Dan saved the day!
Thank you to my amazing husband and adorable daughter for saving their mom and wife from two sticky situations. What would I do without them!?!

6 comments:

Becky said...

Wow, I think I'd be freaking out! Way to go Hollyn!! And Dan!

I will have to try your pork recipe, it sounds like the one from Costa Vida, yumm!

Erin said...

Hey Geri-
I ran into Ben Robbins (I had to try really hard not to call him Bennie) at a stake thing and told him Hi from you- He says hey back and being very student councily, told me to tell you to register for your 10 year High School Reunion. (10 years!- that means mine is next year!!) The web site is toros98.com. So there you go- I still remember what a cool friend you were to take me to school. And I felt cool just pulling up to school with you. You introduced me to "Cake" who I still run too. And you made me laugh pretty darn hard. - So your yummy pulled pork is going to be our romantic Valentines dinner- John will love it. Thanks! Erin

Malorie said...

Hey Ger! I don't know if jon told you but we finally got a blog together. it's www.jonandmalorie.blogspot.com. Your blog is cute! I miss you guys.

The Tate's said...

That is so cute Hollyn was so proud to save the day! Your pork recipe looks yummy...I am going to have to give it a try.

Melissa said...

I loved this post. Isn't having a family that looks out for one another what its all about. We have a soft spot for that little Hollyn.

Elisha said...

Hey! So I wish I'd have read your pork recipe 1 day sooner! I actually made a pork loin for diner tonight, but wished that I had seasoned it differently! That is so crazy! I am totally writing this down! Thanks! Oh, and the story is awesome! Aren't kids the best! (I guess husbands are OK too!)