Monday, February 18, 2008

Has It Already Been A Year!


Today is the one year anniversary of my little brother Andrew's double lung transplant. We thought we were going to loose him several times, but he hung in there and was blessed to get two healthy new lungs. I am so grateful for my brother and the example of perserverience and strength he has been to me and my family. He is an amazing uncle, brother and brother-in-law. I am also thankful for organ donors. I can't imagine what the other family must have been going through loosing their son, but I hope they know that through their loss they were able to make a young boys life continue. Andrew, we wish we could be there for the big party. We love you!

4 comments:

Katie said...

I can't believe it's been a year already. You guys look so much a like. It's cute. I think Hollyn looks like you too, but I see a little of Dan in her too.

Rachel said...

Hey Geri! I can't believe it's been a year already for Andrew. I can remember at Sally's wedding luncheon when your parents came in just giddy with excitement because they had just heard the news that he had a donor. What a great blessing for your family!
I've enjoyed reading through your blog and getting caught up on what you and Dan are doing. Your little girl sure is cute! Here's my blog:
petite-reflections.blogspot.com
Take care!
Rachel

proudmamablogga said...

The hockey game was the Lincoln Stars. You can get tickets online, and the arena is in the state fair park. It was a lot of fun-even Hollyn would probably like it.

Kleinmans said...

That is so awesome! Way to go Andrew! I love hearing stories about families who have perservered through so much and triumphed. I was glad to hear that Andrew's swelling went down when they reduced his prednisone...that's what I'm on and my legs look like tree trunks (along with the rest of my swollen body). It's great to be alive though!! Congrats Andrew!