Monday, February 4, 2008

Dancin, Dancin, Dancin, She's a Dancin Machine



Hollyn had her first dance class on Saturday. She has been wanting to take dance for a while now, but she had to be three, so ever since she turned three she has been asking me when dance was. Finally after weeks of waiting she was finally able to DANCE! She loved it! She loved wearing her leotard, lights, tutu and ballet shoes. She loved twirlling around with her hands on her head. She loved turning her toes out. She loved doing the side step. She loved every moment. For those of you who know me you know that growing up I was a complete Tom Boy and played every sport, but dance was not my thing. In fact my mom told me that she put me in dance and pulled me out. When I asked if it was because I didn't like it she said, "Yes, but it was more that you were extremely uncordinated." So my question is how did I get this girl who is completely girly, and loves to dance and sing? Don't get me wrong I love every minute and wouldn't change a thing. I guess sometimes as parents we raise our child to be completely opposite of ourselves without even realizing it. Mare I'm sure if you are reading this you are having a good laugh, since we love giving eachother a hard time about our extra curricular activities in high school and my daughter is nothing like me. I'm still going to try to sneak in one sport, maybe soccer so she can prance around on the field!?! I love being a mom!

6 comments:

onehm said...

Geri!!!
So fun to find your blog! I love seeing your cute little family!
Miss those days together at Entz! It sure looks like you are doing GREAT!
I'll have to check in now and then now that I found you! (And I'll forward your link to my mom, too. She'll be excited to "see you"!)
~Ashley

Maren said...

Yeah, that's right Baby! What goes around comes around! Hee hee! You just tell her, when the time comes, you come see Auntie Maren and she will teach her and thing or two since her own mother will be no help in the area! But I may need to send Carson to you for some B-ball help, since I only know how to foul in that game!

Elisha said...

She is the cutest little ballerina! I know exactly what you mean about the "girlie girls"! Mine, so far seem to be pretty girlie! Poor Brett, he is trying to change that though!

Rodela Family said...

Geri,
What, first you tell me that I might eventually have to decorate my child's room in pink and now with the whole kids do the opposite of their parents!! I'll just have to think of ways to brainwash her into liking basketball and soccer! If not, I guess it would be Maren to the rescue.

Katie said...

That's so cute. I love little girls and all their girlie things that they do.

Caryn said...

Oh, she is too cute. Love the soccer stuff for girls, she can be all tough and dirty---in her pink cleats and bows in her hair. The best of both worlds.